The First Guitar Lesson For Beginners In A Simple And Easy Way
Hey, there hope you’re doing well. This lesson is the First Guitar Lesson For Beginners or absolute beginners, who have just got their guitar and are seeking for their first ever guitar lesson. And in case you are still planning to get a guitar then just keep in mind, If you really wanna learn to play then buy a guitar that you’ll like to play because if you get a guitar that is hard to play and makes you feel like you won’t be able to learn or play guitar ever, you will most probably quit learning it and lose your confidence. For now let’s just hope for the best!!!!
1. Open strings names
2. Guitar structure
3. How to tune your guitar
Open String Names
— when you are not holding any strings on your guitar those are called open strings.
You can learn the string names as (Every Adult Dog Grabs Bites eats)
E A D G B e
Guitars generally have six strings. Each string has a different thickness. Starting from the thinnest string, the strings are called string 1, string 2, string 3, and up until string 6. When you hold a guitar, string 6 is the topmost string.
you can also check this presentation for the first guitar lesson –
2. Guitar structure
- Headstock Of Guitar- The headstock is located on the top of the guitar’s neck. Hence the work of the headstock is to support the tuners, which terminates the strings of the instrument. The tuners are attached to tuning pegs and this allows the guitarist to lower or raise the pitch of the string.
- Nut- A guitar’s nut has several important functions. it is located at the end of the headstock and top of the fretboard (where it meets the headstock), the nut determines the spacing of the strings and the action in the lower registers.
- Bridge Of Guitar – A bridge of a guitar is generally a device that supports the strings on a guitar and transmits the vibration of those strings to another structural component of the instrument—typically a soundboard, such as the top of a guitar or violin—which transfers the sound to the surrounding air.
- Soundboard and Sound hole- This is especially the wooden piece mounted on the front of the guitar’s body, and its job is to make the guitar’s sound loud enough for us to hear. There is a large hole in the soundboard also called the sound hole. The hole is usually round and centered.
- Pickguard- A Pickguard is especially a plastic material also called the scratchplate, it is placed just below the strings so that it protects the guitar from any scratch that may cause while strumming.
- Overall Body Of The Guitar- In acoustic guitars, string vibration is transmitted through the bridge and saddle to the body passing through the soundboard. The sound board is typically made of tone woods such as cedar and spruce. In an acoustic instrument, the body of the guitar is a major determinant of the overall sound quality.
3.How to tune your guitar
Standard tuning – E A D G B E
download “pro guitar tuner app” in your android smartphone.
- Just remember which key is used to tune which string on the guitar !!!
Now start tuning the E string or low E string of your guitar
- just remember that you have to continue moving the tuning key(clockwise or anticlockwise) till the E(low) string in the mobile app turns green.
- (A A# B C C# D D# E F F# G G#) take this as a reference for now, you just have to tune all the strings to their standard notes (E A D G B e).
Did you Like the Post?
Average rating / 5. Vote count: